Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Swirlydoos April sketch challenge

Hi there again!

I stumbled across Swirlydoos a couple of days ago - what a great place!  I love their coordinated scrapbook kits.  It makes scrapbooking so easy when EVERYTHING supplied is co-ordinating!

I also fell in love with the current sketch they have up for the April challenge.



So, here is my take on the sketch:











A couple of weeks ago we had an afternoon storm with a deluge of rain.  My, almost 16 year old, darling daughter informed me that she wished she could go out & play & dance in the rain.  When I asked her what was stopping her, she shrugged her shoulders and promptly ran into the back yard!  She had a wonderful time, singing and dancing and running and jumping in puddles.  All of which I captured with my phone camera.  I didn't want to miss any photo opportunity by fishing around for the camera - therefore the photo isn't the BEST quality, but it serves the purpose.

I love the quote "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain", and I think my daughter encapsulates it on an almost daily basis.  She is all about grabbing life by the reins and taking control of where she wants to be.  She isn't waiting for things to be perfect before she does anything, she IS dancing in the rain!  I am truly blessed to have the amazing, intelligent, responsible, beautiful daughter that I do and I am so proud of the young lady she has become.


Products used:
Paper:  Authentique Classique Elegant Collection
Viva Decor Modelling paste:  Mother of Pearl
Inks:  Charcoal
Tattered Angels Glimmermist: True Turquoise & Chalkboard Teal High Heel
Dylusions: Black Marble
Flourish with a Bling: Jasmine pearl
Stencils:  TWC Mini paint lids & mini halftone circles and Tim Holtz Dot fade
Stamps: Kaisercraft
Black embossing powder
Lettering:  Sandylion & Provocraft
Flat back pearls
Flowers:  Kaisercraft, Prima & Petaloo
Seam binding
Black embroidery thread
Gauze


I really hope you like my layout and thank you for looking. ;-)

Until next time…
Yvette x

No comments:

Post a Comment